The Uprooting Systemic Racism committee was formed to help NPYM live into its commitement in the minute passed in 2019 (click on the link to read the full text):
... We commit individually and as meetings to take action that dismantles oppressive societal attitudes and institutions, creates equity, and constructs multiracial movements to solve the pressing problems of our times. We accept the challenge to co-create Beloved Community with equality of opportunity, respect, and spiritual and economic well-being for all people everywhere. We will create a team of Friends who outreach to quarterly meetings, monthly meetings, and worship groups to assess what assistance they would like in uprooting racism, offer resources and/or provide experiential workshops that allow for deep listening and work toward removing barriers. ...
The group meets monthly, on the second Monday of the month, at 6 pm Pacific/ 7 pm Mountain, by Zoom. Meeting ID: 833 7927 5840. Passcode: 667801.
Agendas for our meetings are built collaboratively. The agenda for the next meeting is available here.
We share clerking responsibilities, using a volunteer list that can be accessed here.
Our current projects include:
- Supporting the needs of Friends of Color in NPYM
- Intervention on microaggressions in Yearly Meeting
- SOAR (Sharing Our Anti-Racist Journeys). This informal group meets on the first Tuesday of the month at 6:30 Pacific/ 7:30 Mountain. Meeting ID: 836 0426 0320. Passcode: 664132. The group supports anti-racist work in NPYM meetings or committees by providng a venue to share experiences and advice on how to handle difficult aspects.
- Follow through on the Reparations Minute passed by Yearly Meeting in 2021.
- Minute of repudiation of the Doctrine of Discovery
Corvallis Friends Meeting
"Six Conversations about Race, Culture, and Equity with Dr. Johnny Lake," co-sponsored by Corvallis Friends Meeting. Every other Monday starting October 4. See full information and register at Meeting Registration - Zoom.