North Pacific Yearly Meeting

of the Religious Society of Friends (QUAKERS)

Coordinating Committee Minutes of October 19, 2013

North Pacific Yearly Meeting Coordinating Committee
Saturday, October 19, 2013, 9:00 am – 4:15 pm
Multnomah Friends Meeting House, Portland, OR


CC 10/19.0 Clerk Chris Willard opened the meeting with brief introductions.

Present were:
Chris Willard, Coordinating Committee Clerk, Tacoma
Jeannie Graves, Coordinating Committee Recording Clerk, South Seattle
Carl Abbot, Finance & Legal Committee Clerk, Multnomah
Laura Arcidiacono, Treasurer, Bridge City
Melody Ashworth, Coordinating Committee Associate Clerk, South Mountain
Cynthia Black, Youth Committee, Eugene
Jonathan Brown, Rising Treasurer, South Seattle
Margaret Coahran, Pullman-Moscow, Ad-hoc Family Affordable Annual Session
Paul Christiansen, North Pacific Yearly Meeting Young Adult Friends, Eastside
Chris Cradler, Ad-hoc Structure Evaluation Committee Co-clerk, Bridge City
Sean Downing, Junior Friends, Multnomah
Pearl Edwards, Junior Friends, Multnomah
John Etter, Annual Session General Arrangements Clerk, Eugene
Georgia Foster, Ministry & Oversight Clerk, Montana Gathering of Friends
Janet Jump, Nominating Committee Clerk, Multnomah
Linda Kocourek, Staff Secretary, Multnomah
Rose Lewis, Peace & Social Concerns, Salem
Ron Metcalf, Lopez Island Preparatory
Kathryn Sharp, South Seattle Friends
Linda Spencer, South Mountain
Alan Stockbridge, Bellingham
Debbie Townsend, Committee on the Discipline Co-Clerk, Eastside
Timothy Travis, Annual Session Recording Clerk, Bridge City
Carol Uhte, Multnomah
Clint Weimeister, Web Keeper, Port Townsend
Kathryn Willard, Site Committee Clerk, Tacoma
We gathered into worship.

CC 10/19.1 Sharing & Networking Worship
Friends spoke from the silence about hopes and concerns for their meetings. As Friends care for one another and our communities, we find ways to sustain and strengthen our Meetings and committees. Finding people to serve, to clerk, losing numbers of attenders and reduced contributions are a common challenge. Several meetings lack children. Withal, we are hopeful. Clerk offered Queries for us to consider on our own and to share. Clerk’s Queries accompany these minutes.

CC 10/19.2 Friends approved Minutes from the July 17, 2013 Coordinating Committee meeting.

CC 10/19.3 Presentation of nominees from Nominating Committee – Janet Jump
Friends were named for positions within the Yearly Meeting. We will consider approval later in this meeting. The Nominating Committee report accompanies these minutes.

CC 10/19.4 Executive Committee Report – Melody Ashworth
Friends accepted the report which accompanies these minutes.

CC 10/19.5 General Arrangements Clerk Report – John Etter
Friends accepted the report which accompanies these minutes.

CC 10/19.6 Junior Friends –Sean Downing
Junior Friends liked the site of the Annual Session. Plans for a service trip to Guatemala are well under way, including fundraising to defray costs of the trip. Junior Friends will provide information on the project and the need for funds, to be shared with monthly meetings.

CC 10/19.7 Structure Review Committee – Chris Cradler
The committee continues its work of evaluating the effectiveness of our current model for Coordinating Committee through next Spring. They will develop recommendations to bring to the 2014 Annual Session. Many reports and documents were presented and accompany these minutes. Friends offered comments. Can we improve communication from the Committee back and forth with Monthly Meetings? Friends would like to include Rising Clerk and Rising Treasurer as part of Coordinating Committee. The original vision for Coordinating Committee was a meeting of standing committee clerks; each committee would communicate directly with Monthly Meetings. Now we include Friends from Monthly Meetings who communicate with their Monthly Meetings about the activities of the various committees. Are we representatives to or members of this committee?
The job description for Coordinating Committee member clarifies that members represent the Coordinating Committee to the Monthly Meeting. We will reform our standing job description writing committee and give them the task of finalizing the job descriptions which ad-hoc committee has worked on. The Job Description committee considers the ripple effect of changes in one committee on other committee job descriptions.

CC 10/19.8 Peace & Social Concerns – Rose Lewis

Charged with improving communication and networking among the various parts of North Pacific Yearly Meeting, the committee is surveying Monthly Meetings on how Friends are responding to social concerns and will develop a report which will be disseminated among Friends in ways yet to be determined. Georgia Foster gave us a reprise of the morning session. Ministry & Oversight offered queries.

CC 10/19.10 New Website – Clint Weimeister
2       
Clint provided a guided tour of the updated Website. Friends have found it easy to get needed information. Friends were also encouraged by the benefits of the “content management” style that will allow Friends with privileges to create and edit content for specific pages themselves. Friends thank Clint for a big job well done.

CC 10/19.11 Youth Committee – Cynthia Black
Friends approved bringing forward Jay Thatcher’s name as Annual Session Children’s Program Coordinator.

CC 10/19.12 Personnel Committee – Melody Ashworth
Friends approve increasing the salary of the Secretary from $15/per hour to $15.38 per hour.

CC 10/19.13 Young Adult Friends– Paul Christiansen
Young Adult Friends bring an Internship Proposal to provide the opportunity for this age group to attend Annual Session (AS) and to provide needed help to various parts of North Pacific Yearly Meeting. Discussion broadened to ways we could facilitate Young Adult Friends attending AS. We will form an ad-hoc committee to look at ways other than financial that impede Young Adult Friends to coming AS and how to help. The internship idea could be one possibility. We will ask our larger community of Friends for people to serve on the ad-hoc committee. Friends will notify the Coordinating Committee Clerk of their willingness to serve. We would hope the committee will come back to our Spring meeting with information. Clerk and Paul will work together to create a charge to the ad-hoc committee. Many Young Adult Friends (YAF) feel separated from their local Monthly Meeting. YAF therefore considers creating a virtual worship group which would meet as often as possible but would communicate electronically with one another. This group could also include Isolated Friends. Coordinating Committee supports YAF in this experiment. Perhaps we can also look at ways for YAF and the larger group to get to know one another better to encourage feelings of belonging to the Religious Society of Friends and not just to the virtual worship group. We invite such a worship group to come to Ministry & Oversight (M&O) and Outreach & Visitation as they evolve. A second issue is YAF’s mixed feelings about membership in the Society of Friends. We look forward to hearing from YAF as they continue to wrestle with these questions.

CC 10/19.14 Ministry & Oversight – Georgia Foster
Our next telephone consultation is on the subject of how a Friends Meeting deals with people who are disruptive to the Meeting. Georgia presented a report from the Annual Session which accompanies these minutes. M&O carries a concern for the spiritual health of Monthly Meetings and Yearly Meeting. They are working on ways to make plenary sessions more spirit led.

CC 10/19.15 Nominating Committee – Janet Jump
Friends approved the nominations presented.
Friends approved changing the term for the Treasurer’s position to two years with a year served as Rising Treasurer.
Coordinating Committee is asked to consider the job descriptions for Information & Technology (IT) committee and the Peace & Social Concerns (P&SC) committee. Coordinating Committee will work with P&SC to review and revise their job description. Chris Willard will meet with the IT Committee in lieu of a clerk for that committee to gather ideas about possible changes and/or additions to the IT Committee job description. Additions to the Ad Hoc Job Description review committee were solicited. Laura Arcidiacono agreed to serve as convener and Jonathan Brown will continue to serve on the Job Description review committee. We hope for a third member.
3       
CC 10/19.16 Family Affordability Committee – Margaret Coahran
It is hard for Friends to afford the time as well as affording the money to attend Annual Session. The committee is working on this.

CC 10/19.17 Date for Spring Meeting
Our next Coordinating Committee meeting will be on April 5 somewhere in the Puget Sound area.

CC 10/19.18 Committee on the Discipline– Debbie Townsend
Monthly Meetings are encouraged to consider the chapters on Membership and Death & Memorials early next year. The chapter on Marriage and Committed Relationships is ready for incorporation into the transitional discipline. We are on track to be finished with the sections on Practice by the 2014 Annual Session.

CC 10/19.19 Communications Check-in – Chris Cradler
Chris Cradler offered a reprise on the afternoon session.


Closing Worship

Meeting closed with worship at 4:15 p.m.


    
Reports to Coordinating Committee 10/19/13

Report Page
Clerk’s Queries 6
Nominating Committee 7
Executive committee 8
General Arrangements 9
Structure 12
Personnel Committee 14


  
Communicating Queries
How does your group communicate with its own members and attenders?
Does all Coordinating Committee business go through Meeting for Business or called special meetings?

Do you ever talk with your group about what you have heard other groups are doing or experiencing?

Do you receive any regular communications (newsletter, visitations, other) from other groups close to you or in your Quarterly Meeting?

Have you ever asked for time on the agenda of your group’s M&O committee or Peace and Social Concerns Committee to discuss things heard in the Meeting sharing time at Coordinating committee?

Would you feel comfortable doing that? If not, why not?

Are there barriers to requesting help, clearness, sharing of ideas with groups outside of yours including Yearly Meeting standing committees?

Is your group waiting for a standing committee to call you?

Beyond how we are organized, what kind of community do we want to be?

back


  

Nominating Committee Report to CC meeting 10-19-2013

We would like to offer the following names for approval at this time:
Annual Session Planning 2014
Lew Scholl (Multnomah) Assistant General Arrangements & Assistant Physical Arrangements - 2 nd time
Dave Ek ( Multnomah) – physical arrangements – 2 nd time

Other Positions
Kate Hunter (University) as clerk for Peace and Social Concerns 10/12 – 9/14
Tom Ewell (Whidbey Island) for a second term on Peace and Social Concerns 10/13/ -9/15
Ethen Perkins (Eugene) – Central Friends Camp coordinator Second time 10/13-9/15
Katherine Spinner – FLGBTQC correspondent 10/13-9/15

From the Junior Friends as Advisors (terms not confirmed yet)
Carrie Black (Eugene)
Emily Bear (Eugene)

The slate for Oct. 2013- Sept. 2014 is almost full and we are beginning to look at the following year’s slate which will be approved at AS 2014. There are a few places where we need guidance and assistance.

Nominating committee is down one member – we are looking for a new member from either McGof or Willamette QM (but not from Portland). Suggestions would be welcome
The treasurer position is currently a 3 year term. We recently added a rising treasurer position who would then become treasurer making it a 4 year commitment. Our recommendation is to change the treasurer term to 2 years making the total commitment a 3 year obligation. It would still be possible for a treasurer to serve 2 terms if they were willing.

Committee clerks: We are having difficulty in finding members and clerks for 2 committees – this has been an issue for more than a year. The two committees are: Peace and Social Concerns and IT Committee. In both cases we have asked 25-30 Friends to be clerk of these committees. (for both these committees we also have a degree of difficulty in finding members). The issue may be that the work of the P&SC and IT committees does not fit with the talents and interests of folks who are willing to serve. Activists who are likely to be drawn to serve on P&SC want the Yearly Meeting to do things and take positions on critical issues. Folks who are knowledgeable about and enjoy computer issues
are willing to serve on the IT Committee but their skills may not be what the Yearly Meeting needs. For both of these committees the role as established by the job description is much more of being a consultative body, coordinating and connecting the work of various monthly meetings. Nominating committee recommends that the CC take on a review of these committees and report back in the spring with an updated purpose and job description for these two committees. Such a review should be more than just looking at the job description and also might include: talking to Monthly meetings about what they want from these committees, and talking to current and past members of the committees)
Meanwhile if there are Friends who are interested in clerking the IT committee please let me know.
Janet Jump, Nominating Committee Clerk

back


    
NPYM Executive committee Report
Actions taken between Annual Session July 2013 and the Coordinating committee meeting October 2013..
At Annual Session, Executive Committee was asked to name members to the ad hoc communications
committee and to the ad hoc committee charged with looking for ways to make annual session as affordable as
possible for young families.
Members of the communications committee are Lucretia Humphrey, clerk, Laurie Childers, Jane Ewert, Pablo
Stanfield ,Carol Uhte, and Clint Weimeister. The charge of the committee is to collaborate with the ad hoc
Committee on Structure and from a frame of reference based on understanding that it is not just the technology
and spreading data that matters, but rather a supporting of the deepening of our community and of the
connections we have with one another, upon which the growth of our ability to live in the Spirit together
depends.. This committee will consult with the monthly meetings, worship groups and isolated Friends and
report back to the Annual Session in 2014.
The affordability committee members are Margaret Coahran, clerk, John Allcott, Laura Arcidiacono, John
Etter, Meredith Jacobson, Sheila Hale, Tom Rawson, and Chinda Roach. The committee's charge, as approved
by the 2013 Annual Session, is "Consider how to make the Annual Session as affordable for families with
children as possible".
Since Annual Session, Executive Committee approved the following nominations, to fill in the appointments for
the current working year which began on October 1.
AS 2014: Volunteer Coordinator – Margaret Coahran (Pullman), Program – Lynn Gordon (Multnomah) (for 3 rd
time), AS Recording Clerk: Timothy Travis (Bridge City ( ends 10/1/2014
Epistle Committee Angie Alexander (Tacoma) , Jana Ostrom (University) Elinor Jordan (Olympia)
Other positions approved:
Archivist – Sharing position Leni Skarin (Yakima) Carol Bellin (Missoula) 10/12 – 9/15
IT Committee – Lisa Yagoda 10/13 – 9/16 (Corvallis).

back


    
       2013 NPYM ANNUAL SESSION EVALUATION
GENERAL ARRANGEMENTS CLERK’S REPORT
1. Annual Session Planning Process: The Annual Session Planning Committee had its first meeting on January
5 on the campus of Pacific University to begin getting familiar with the venue we would use this year. Two
more meetings were held at the Multnomah Meeting House in February and March, and several more were held
by conference call beginning in late March and running to June. Several on the committee visited the site on
two additional occasions to second guess earlier decisions about room choices and visualize activities. Most
committee members preferred the face-to-face meetings. By the time the general planning was done following
the March meeting, the conference calls between members over issues that did not need the full committee were
appropriate.
Two major issues remained unresolved into June. One was where the plenary sessions and community night
would be held; this was resolved as we could project an attendance of less than 300. The second regarded the
needs and spaces of the children’s program, due to incomplete communication or misunderstanding within the
Committee. Unless there is a major jump in attendance our solutions to the issues should be repeatable next
year.
The Host--Pacific University: The conference services staff at Pacific U. were easy to work with, once you got
their attention. On several occasions, there were delays in returning calls or requests for information, starting in
the fall of 2012, and particularly after AS ended in 2013. Lois Hornberger, head of conference services,
delegated an assistant, Kelly Leavitt, to work out details with our ASPC members. (Kelly left her position after
AS and has been replaced with Wanda Frasier.) Once AS was underway, we were able to get responses to
immediate issues fairly quick.
Pacific U required an emergency plan for what to do in emergencies. Lew Scholl (Assistant GA clerk and
Assistant Phys. Arr. Clerk) took on the task of preparing text and maps for materials to be in the possession of
people responsible for each floor of residence halls so that, in an emergency, we could account for everyone.
The financial aspect of being at Pacific was simple. They had reasonable charges for meals and dorm space,
and a flat site fee per day that included use of spaces and AV equipment--no itemizing that we experienced at
other institutions. A 10% discount was given for people who took the “full package.” We did not realize that
savings for commuters and those not eating all meals. Pacific billed according to their fee plan; the AS adjusted
the charges for other objectives, explained in the Fee Setting section below. A payment to NPYM from the
food service for savings generated with the simple meal, which should have been made at the time Pacific’s
final invoice was received, is supposed to be made before September 15, 2013.
Pacific University--the Venue: Twenty of the 78 evaluations turned in at the end AS
contained written comments about the compactness and beauty of the campus. So little use was made of the
one golf cart that its need was questioned. Next year the ordering of a golf cart should be done upon
determining, from requests at registration, that such assistance is needed. It could be a specific request on the
registration form.
The University Center had an excellent arrangement of several functions. Immediately adjacent to the cafeteria
were spaces for registration, the display area for organizations, and a lockable room for the book store. Two
separate rooms adjacent to the cafeteria were perfect for committees that needed to meet during meals. A small
room for a quiet space for families with little children was available. Our plenary session space was downstairs.

back


    
       The Children’s Program took place in an adjacent building. Central Friends, Junior Friends and Young Adult Friends had lounge spaces in residence halls for their gathering spots. We used three dorms and were able to get people with mobility issues assigned to rooms not needing elevators or stair access. In the newer hall, there were units with kitchens, suitable for use by families with special dietary needs or schedules. Clark Hall had some complaints of beds being too high for some, a couple of deficiencies in restrooms, and the elevator not being accessible without an attendant. This was mainly a problem for people moving luggage in at the beginning and out at the end of AS. Next year there should be a volunteer position to be an elevator monitor at appropriate times.

The room judged most suitable for our plenary sessions had a requirement that for 200 or more chairs, they be made immovable by lashing them together in threes. Desiring seating for at least 250, we opted to have chairs lashed together. Having not provided a seating plan in advance, the chairs needed to be rearranged before our first plenary, and then again to make room for a dance, then again for a circle for the final meeting for worship. Many of the little zip-ties used to hold chairs together broke as chairs got moved. Conference services director Lois Hornberger registered her displeasure over chair separations, citing fire marshal issues. The room limit posting is for 297 occupants. I said that if we could not get by with 199 chairs on the floor and 20 on the stage that next year we would use the more distant auditorium that seats 400. Accessibility for the alter-abled was generally adequate. Wheel chair bound attendees have a long circuitous outside route to get from the plenary room to the dining room. A special tip sheet for those with accessibility problems would be a good insert into on-site registration packets. Two major complaints listed on evaluations were the lack of air conditioning at times in the plenary room, and the conflict with an antique car show on the final day. The conference center director has confirmed that we can move our date for 2014 to one week later--July 23 - 27--avoiding the car show. In my estimation, this venue could accommodate up to 350 attendees without needing extra rooms for small worship groups.


Fee setting: Great consideration was giving to making AS more family friendly in
terms of cost. To that end, we produced a fee schedule where Junior Friends and younger did not have to pay Pacific’s site fee ($11 per day) or the AS program fee ($19), a $30 per day total. Young Adult Friends were charged the $11 per day site, but not the program fee. Additionally, Pacific U. charged children under age 10 at the rate of $2 per day per year of age; i.e., a 4 year old was charged $8 per day for meals and lodging and no site fee. This fee structure allowed reduced charges for youths before the family cap took effect. The resultant adult pricing ended up the same as PLU in 2012. The full time package rate offered by Pacific was not passed onto those who signed up for “the full meal deal.” For those who did qualify for “the full meal deal” the Pacific University discount was used on the price break for youths.


5. Registration: The Registrar reported that 282 people registered, which happened to be one below the number used in putting together the budget for this annual session. A small percentage of the people still have trouble dealing with registration information electronically. Most find it satisfactory. We maxed out spaces for youth programs, and almost maxed out spaces for non-walking worship groups. Allowing for worship groups with up to 12 people, I estimate that AS could have accommodated 350 people without feeling squeezed.


6. Program: Worship groups and interest groups worked out fairly well. The Program Coordinator wrote up an excellent report with what worked well and what could use improvement. This year’s Program Coordinator returns to that roll again in 2014 and should help with fine tuning to make for a great Annual Session.

7. Food: Generally very positive comments. People with specific dietary needs
complained about a lack of vegetarian proteins at some meals, and a lack of labeling to identify special provisions. Feedback ranged from best ever to poor for variety and quality.

8. Spiritual content: Evaluations revealed that many people were feeling that less time
should be spent on business and process matters, and more time to subjects of spiritual significance and unprogrammed time for individual sharing.

9. AS Evaluations: A previous year’s evaluation was modified slightly for 2013. In particular, a new question was added regarding plans to attend in the following year. Someone pointed out that a mail-in address was not given, and that having the evaluation on line to fill out and send as an attachment in would be convenient. The Annual Session Planning Committee has received much constructive feedback on our 2013 Annual Session
and looks forward to using it to make the 2014 Annual Session even better.

Respectfully submitted,
John Etter, General Arrangements Clerk

back


    
       Report to Coordinating Committee
From NPYM Ad Hoc NPYM Structure Evaluation Committee
October 10, 2013, 2013
The Ad Hoc NPYM Structure Evaluation Committee met September 21, 2013 with the following present: Co-Clerks Chris Cradler & Ann Stever, Margaret Coahran, Ted Etter, and Elee Hadley. Kate Jaramillo by phone part of the time.


The following minute was approved at NPYM Annual Session in July 2013. “The Annual Session APPROVED the continuation of the work of the ad hoc Committee on Structure Evaluation for another year to continue its analysis and evaluation of Coordinating Committee and return to Annual Session 2014 to report on this work.”


As reported to the Annual Session, people don’t know what the job of CC is, or how to do it and do not see value in CC. This is true for the Meetings, Standing Committees and CC itself. The Ad Hoc Committee reviewed the job description of CC and offers to CC a revision that primarily clarifies the responsibilities. The Ad Hoc Committee is committed to supporting Chris Willard as he clerks CC. We suggest that the M&O Committee also take on this job. We propose that we re-evaluate CC after the spring 2014 meeting and then make a recommendation to the Annual Session. At this point, we see the possibility of three options.
1. CC has improved substantially. Attendance is good and Monthly and Preparative Meetings are beginning to see the Yearly Meeting and its committees as resources and are becoming resources to one another. In this case, the report to Annual Session would note the improvement and recommend continuation.

2. CC has improved somewhat, but it needs another year to determine if it should continue without major changes. Criteria might be needed to re-evaluate during the 2014-15 year. THE CO-CLERKS OF THE CURRENT AD HOC COMMITTEE ARE NOT WILLING TO CONTINUE, so at least new clerks and possibly a new ad hoc committee would need to be named. In this case, the recommendation would be for CC to continue another year with clarity about who would be evaluating.


3. There does not seem to be adequate progress or interest among Meetings to continue the current format. In this case, the recommendation would be to return to the original proposed make-up of CC: the Clerks of Standing Committees, the NPYM officers (Clerk and Asst. Clerk of CC, YM Presiding Clerk and Treasurer) and a few (review number) members from Meetings (assuring variety of geography and Meeting size). And/or, consider whether MM members are necessary at all. Standing Committees would take primary responsibility for maintaining communications and connections with MMs. In this way, CC should be able to identify emerging and converging concerns. IN ALL OPTIONS: As was stated in the 2013 Annual Session report, the Executive Committee is necessary
and would need to continue. A continuing major responsibility of CC in any form would be to support and make sure Standing Committees are operating effectively. We offer some ideas of what CC and its clerk might do to make CC effective.


1. Outreach to Meetings to listen and to explain CC.  

One idea is that an exciting, visionary, inspirational paragraph (or so) about what CC is and could do be developed. Referring back to the mission & vision, the paper could illustrate how CC could be a resource to MMs and how the identification of emerging and converging concerns could be compelling.


Other ideas: a testimonial on “Why would I like to go to a CC meeting and love to bring my Meeting’s experiences and hear from others.” And/or, share (invent?) ideas of discussions that might be exciting, e.g. issues that MMs might be interested in, e.g. “Do you have young families with kids and how to you involve and support them?” “Are you getting applications for membership? How do you welcome and involve new people?”
The listening alone could be a ministry.


2. Educate CC members about their role and provide ideas and support.
The revised job description can be helpful. Some concrete ideas for CC and doing the job as a CC member, especially those from Meetings:
a) Connect the YM together by sharing experiences and resources from Meeting to Meeting as well as from Standing Committees.
b) Support and hold standing committees accountable.
c) Facilitate seasoning and prepare for decision making at Annual Session (spiritually and practically). This includes clarification of the difference between seasoning and decision-making. Reminder: CC is basically not a decision-making body.
d) Prepare for CC Meetings in advance. Suggest that members come to CC meetings with something to share and wanting to take something back to their Meetings or committees. Find out from their Meeting (in a business meeting if possible) what their community has to offer to other Meetings (experience, resources) and what it might like to get from other Meetings (how do other meetings deal with. . .?).
e) Develop a decision-making flow chart. This might have a concern starting in a MM and another, starting in a Standing Committee. The important role of a Standing Committees should be included. Most decisions would end up at Annual Session, so clarify where seasoning takes place and how.


3. Consider some new ways of engaging people.
It is important to note that it is hard to get folks from East of the Cascades to travel or engage. Include them in some way in the face-to-face meetings via phone? Internet? What are the possibilities? Develop a buddy system between experienced and new members? Between members present and those not? Between Standing Com clerks and Meeting folks? Initiate conference calls to connect people, especially to involve those who cannot travel to meetings?


4. Track and acknowledge what is not working and try to fix it.

back


    
       NPYM Personnel Committee Report
NPYM Personnel Committee met with Linda Kocourek by conference call on August 7, 2013 following communication by email.
We felt the email and phone conversations gave both Linda and the committee adequate opportunity for helpful review. Linda expressed a desire to continue her employment with North Pacific Yearly Meeting and Personnel Committee endorses that desire and recommends continuing her employment. We also recommend a 2.5% increase in her hourly wage from $15.00 per hour to $15.38 per hour.

back

back to top